Sunday, August 5, 2007

Getting ready to leave

I love it because few people even know that you currently exist. I write what I want about how I feel. I believe this thought is going to be multiple posts though.

Goodbyes have been way rough lately. I said goodbye to Jason T. and that man made me weep, he hugged me and prayed for me and made mention of being a father figure. I cried real hard. Michelle was good for me, we did the see ya later game and refused to make a big deal, same with Derek and Randy and Candice. Michael has proved the hardest thus far. So I have said goodbye to my two best friends and a few other people as well, lets pray this week is maybe a little less emotional ( I doubt it, but a girl can dream. Right?)

On to the other thing I need to/want to/am honored to do.

God,
prayer is one of those things I don't fully understand and am so blessed to know that I do not have to. I pray for the friend who still wants to remain vague. I know it is what they need. I know that time will reveal answers but, Lord could you please reveal them quickly. I want them to be OK, I know you are faithful and perform things in you way. Lord, guard their heart and keep them from being hurt. Take away the worry/fear/doubt/lack of understanding. Help me to be the friend I need to be the way I need to be. This seems to be harder for me than I thought it would be. I know you are faithful so do what you do best and answer my prayer. Thank you for sending Jesus without whom this communication would not be as easy. I thank you for knowing what I mean when the words do not make sense. Thank you God for forgiveness, grace, mercy and love.
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be encouraged to know that I love you and that I have full confidence in your ability to follow the Lord's guidance even in the face of goodbyes. Just be His hands and feet, then you will always be where you are supposed to be and be doing what you are supposed to be doing.