Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I don't understand

A very close friend of my spanish teacher passed away today. I hate this for her. I hurt and I have never even met the lady orher familyl. She leaves behind two children and no other family. How do I help? I can not assist that family they live in los cabos. I can help Aidee though. She was so sad today. SHe had to step ou of calss to cry. I want to be jesus. to her. I want to show her God's love.


Anya: Are they gonna cut the body open?
Willow: Oh my god. Would you just... stop talking? Just... shut your mouth. Please.
Anya: What am I doing?
Willow: How can you act like that?
Anya: Am I supposed to be changing my clothes a lot? Is that the helpful thing to do?
Xander: Guys...
Willow: The way you behave.
Anya: Nobody will tell me.
Willow: Because it's not okay for you to be asking these things.
Anya: But I don't understand.
[begins to cry]
Anya: I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's- There's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And-and Xander's crying and not talking, and-and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why.

I know it is cheesy and corny but, this is how I feel sometimes. I don't know what is ok to say or ask. I want to do it right. I want to help.


I know two things and I do neither of them well. I am called to love God and to love others. Well, I love God. and i love Aidee and I love this womann and her family and so I will pray. I understand that God has all the answers and i understand that he can heal the broken and the wounded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Death is one of the hardest things to deal with. It especially hurts when we don't know what to do. But, like you said, praying is a good way to go. It's a tremendous help and comfort to those who need it. And just offer yourself as a friend, someone that can be that extra shoulder when needed. God will help you and your friends. And remember you have friends in the States praying for you. We love you!