Saturday, July 26, 2008

up and down.

I know people have said this throughout time and i know many people have said it better and more eloquent than this but I am convinced that with almost every good thing that happens in life something bad follows close behind.

This week was really great. Church on Sunday was amazing. I was overwhelmed at just how amazing my church family here is. We did not end up having class because no one showed up. So I played with Coco's niece and talked in the little spanish I knew and we had fun. Than service was intresting but the best part was Aidee came and she brought Alex and John Marc, her youngest two boys. The reason why this is so fantastic is that her husband had decided the kids were not allowed to go to church with her, it is fine if that is what she wants but not the kids. Well, on Sunday John Pier, the husband was taking John Michele, the oldest to play tennis and for some reason it was just easier for the younger two to come with Aidee and they just loved it. I also helped out in the bible hour class which was hard and i think i need a few more weeks in spanish before I do that again.

After service the church through a fiesta for the missionaries. The suprised us with a meal and i was just so impressed. After that Martita's two daughters really wanted us to come over and play. So we did, we played some games outside and got all hot and sweaty and gross and it was fantastic. We are supposed to go back this Sunday for a movie and popcorn.

Monday was mostly typical from what I remember. Tuesday we went to La Fontana, the usual for the team on Tuesdays now but this time Aidee and her whole family came and Zaida. (Zaida is 13 and is quickly become my good friend, she is the daughter of our cleaning lady and she is real fun. We don''t communicate great yet but, God is definitly at work) After lunch Zaide cam over and taught Amanda and I some table games and that was fun.

Well we have friends from D.F. coming in soon so I need to go get ready, but i will hopefully get better about updating.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Best friend I love you! And I am very sorry that I have not talked to you in what feels like ages. I will however be correcting this silly mistake at some point this week probably Wednesday or Thursday. But in the meantime know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and that I love you a ton! Talk to you later person :)

P.S. the reason that I deleted the above comment is because I accidentally said I am love you! Which sounds more like I am in love with you...

P.P.S. Your best friend is a dork

P.P.P.S.S. You were thinking it anyway lol ;)