Saturday, November 10, 2007

Why me and not you?

So I went to a Reformed Jewish Synagogue last night. It was extremely educational and I learned so much about where I had come from and the history behind the church. I ended up at a kids barmitzfah (sp) which ended up being a bit of an experience in and of its self. I am so happy to know how blessed I am. I was raised knowing about Jesus and how fantastic it is that God sent His son. I know that under the Law I deserved death but, Jesus has come to bring life and forgiveness and freedom. It was hard for me though to be there and to see all these people who believe in my god but, are missing out on life in Him. It mad me want to just run up and scream out all the blessings and joy that you can receive in Christ and in the grace that He offers. It want to go back. I want to make relationships. I want them to see Jesus in me. I want them to understand. I want to create friendships. Please pray that God does what He does best and just open doors to allow for some talks about Christ.

Also please pray for my knee. It still hurts real bad. I have been having to pop it a lot again and it feels like the cap is pulling away. So pray for healing without medication if possible.

"Daddy, thank you for being the God of the past, present and future. I want to serve you and be you, Let your love show through me so I can help in the advancement of your Kingdom. Thank you for loving me and for sending Jesus as my sacrifice that I can spend eternity with you. I love you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to a Jewish syangogue service before. It is very uplifting but it does seem to be missing the point. It's like the movie "Blast from the Past" where the family enters the bomb shelter and stays there for like 20 years not realizing the hope they have of oneday living without the threat of nuclear warfare has long come. May you be a light in the darkness of ignorance so they can find the joy in the fulfillment of their hope.